- Almost missing my connecting flight
- Getting off of my first plane and hearing 'will passenger Hanshaw please report to gate 41D, Passenger Hanshaw' - AGH! Yes, I walked/ran to get to that plane. They were waiting for me.
- The blowdryer I brought (an old one of my late Grandma Schnackenbergs') It definatly did NOT survive the traveling. I picked it up out of my suitcase, and it rattled a little bit more than it used to. I plugged it in to try it and it shot out metal pieces and made the same sound as a lawnmower running over metal. So, I got a new blow dryer.
I feel that I am ready for this show to get on the road! I have chosen to stay at the conference center this time around, in an effort to save money. I was randomly matched up with a roommate, she is from Wisconsin actually. She is searching for a good graduate position. She told me that she has an interview with UNK! Oh, I was so excited. She was nice enough to let me look though the materials that they sent her...Josh's photo was in them 2 times! Awesome. Oh, I miss UNK! She also talked about where she wants to go and why, which was a really interesting conversation. Her Mom has cancer, so she doesn't want to go that far away. We had a lot to talk about once she knew that Josh's passion was for the American Cancer Society and helping the survivors, caretakers and anyone else who wants to find a cure! We are both job searching around cancer...it was something to giggle about. I will keep her in my prayers, as well as her family. She seems to be a very genuine woman who cares deeply about her family, who also wants to prepare herself for her future professionally.
So, yeah! I will keep the blog updated while I am on this mission called "Get A Freaking Job!" I need your prayers and encouragement! If you would like to find out more about what it is that I am doing, go to this web page: https://theope.org/. Until next time!
Job Seeker Signing Off!
1 comment:
Thinking and praying for you!
Post a Comment