Thursday, July 9, 2009

Health Nut?

For the past week I have been quite productive, as I have joined a w omens' fitness gym. I have a personal trainer and an upcoming appointment with a nutritionist. Big steps, I am quite proud of myself and not afraid to say it. I am also going with a group to the grocery store (with the nutritionist) to learn how to shop smarter. I am really excited. I really like the environment, as there are NO men allowed. I have access to tanning (which I am opting out of for the obvious American Cancer Society reasons), massage therapy, salon, eucalyptus steam room, dry sauna, hot tub, group classes, as well as the regular gym equipment.

Today I met with my personal trainer for the first time. She taught me how to correctly use some of the machines and discussed my goals. I told her that my goal is to be happier! End of story! I do not want to lose X# of pounds, I just want to be happier.

So, please pray for my journey down the getting healthier path. I pray that my current energy level continues!

2 comments:

Deb said...

I am so proud of you! You certainly have the right attitude about all of this. And, think of all those endorphins you are getting from exercising! It feels SOO good! We should be accountability buddies!

Mandy Gramkow said...

you'll have to teach me all you learn about shopping at the grocery store smarter!